The Abra wallet is designed to give you full, exclusive control of your private key. When you first download the wallet, you are prompted to write down a “recovery phrase”: that is your private key. So long as you keep your recovery phrase safe and do not install any malware on your phone, your private key will remain in your exclusive control.
Articles in this section
- Changes in Network Fees
- Addressing a Potential Bitcoin Fork
- What is Bitcoin? *new*
- Are Abra transactions Bitcoin transactions? *new*
- Where can I use Bitcoin? *new*
- Who has control of my private key? *new*
- Can I use my Abra recovery phrase in other bitcoin wallets?
- How does the Abra wallet handle unconfirmed transactions? *new*
- How long does it take for a Bitcoin transaction to be confirmed? *new*
- Why does my Bitcoin address keep changing? *new*